Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Turbo light (and others ?)

Hi,

New to forum. Have just bought a 1992 2.4 manual SSR-X. Had a read of the forum and saw a lot of people talking about turbo lights. Never seen one on mine. Investigated the dashboard and found should have a parking brake light. Fixed that with a bit of solder onto broken switch wire. Got me thinking....what else is not lighting up. Anyone got a dashboard picture ?

here you go & welcome to SURFDOM
    Attached Files
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Thanks Marky. Will study it tonight.

Comment

Hi,

The Surf dash is slightly different. I have modified the picture with the warning lights on my dash.

The only one that i'm not sure of is the A/T P light. it has never lit up??
        Attached Files
        Ian
        One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for update. Took Marky's diagram and sat in car this afternoon. Neighbours think I'm mad since I got the Surf. Spending a lot of time on the drive. Anyway, went through diagram and ticked them off one-by-one. Nearly got a full set now I've fixed the parking brake switch. Only differences weres a seatbelt light where Marky's diagram showed a low headlight cleaner washer fluid level light, don't get a hazard warning indication (just get both turn signal indicator lights flashing) and Suspension setting indicator where Marky had Driving Pattern Indicator (assumed this was same ?).

Have an engine warning light on RHS of tachometer face but nothing on LHS. This lights up red on ignition but then goes out once started and during driving. No sign of a turbo light still. Also, no dipped beam indication anywhere. What's ECT on far RHS ?

Got an A/T P lit up (although have no idea what it is either).
          Last edited by crashyb; 27 August 2004, 21:15.

Comment

electronic control transmission (i think,( someone will correct me)) its the little button on the centre console that keeps you in a lower gear for longer when a bit extra power is needed, like when towing or going up steep hills. Hope thats a help.

happy surfing!!!!!
            [SIZE=5]martin [/SIZE]
            [B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=lime]Where Pilgrims climb may grecians fall[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

Comment

Thanks. Don't recall seeing this button on mine. Will have a look tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by crashyb
                Thanks. Don't recall seeing this button on mine. Will have a look tomorrow.

You will probably need to look very hard for a very long time, its on auto's and yours is a manual.
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Thanks. Another missing light solved. Definately no turbo light on mine and no dipped beam. Will just have to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by crashyb
                    Got an A/T P lit up (although have no idea what it is either).
                    Does anyone know what this 'A/T P' light is for??
                    I was beginning to assume it should light up when the transmission is in park but it has never lit up for me!
                    If so, as crashyb's is a MANUAL, why is his lit ????????
                    Ian
                    One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

My mistake (well actually it was my wife who ticked the picture yesterday but daren't tell her). Have just been outside and switched on ignition again. I've got "A/T oil temp" lit up (first light left of "Open back door warning light").

A/T is suspiciously like an acronym for Automatic Transmission but its definately a manual !.
                      Last edited by crashyb; 28 August 2004, 22:19.

Comment

I have a red dash lamp come on which appears to be one left of the engine oil light. It looks like a top view of the car with diagonal lines underneath. I'm struggling to post pics on here for some reason. I've Googled it but all I get is alternator problems which this isn't.

Comment

8 years? Well done you!

Maybe best start a new thread and tell us which vehicle you're talking about.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

At least I searched the site first rather than do it the lazy way!

Comment

Working...
                            X