2.8D front wheel hub grease points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.8D front wheel hub grease points

Does anybody know where the front grease holes are on the hubs so I can fit nipples? I can't find the holes!! Cheers Turtle

Have you looked at the general servicing info thread.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62

Comment

There is also a downloadable document on www.hiluxsurf.co.uk. Go to Files on the left hand menu, select technical mechanical from the pull down menu then press go. Surf Lube points is the first document in the list. Click on the link to download or view the document.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for helping Andy and Lucky but my front hubs look different to the surf. There are no rubber boots just a big ball joint at the hub. I have a hilux LN106 dual cab 2.8D. Thought they may have been the same though. Will keep looking or bite the bullet and buy a manual for the old beasty. Cheers Turtle

Comment

You have a solid leaf sprung axle, not IFS like most Surfs. Its a different set up. Don't normally need to get any more grease in them. Just lightly oil the chrome balls and check the seals on it.

They are 'sposed to be clean and shiney, but the ones on my pickup are pitted and grubby, have been for years and its OK.

Only thing to grease is the steering link rod, it normally olready has nipples on it.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tonyn, I found out about the grease issue, apparently there is a square headed bolt on the inner top area of the hub which undoes and then you pump the grease gun ten times into each hub about every 30,000klms should be ok I am told. Cheers Turtle

Comment

Working...
            X