Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blow by

hi guys,

Just bought my surf (91? 2Lte automatic transmission) two months ago. Replaced her pistons, piston rings , liners to standard size and valve seals too because oil was dripping from breather. But oil was still dripping from the breather hose after all the repairs, although not as bad as before. Is this normal to a newly overhauled engine?
    My next question is what does the cable from the throttle to the autotranny do? I mean what is its function? I'm new to auto transmission that's why I ask..please help

BTW.. this site was heaven sent.... I got here infos how to fix sensors when her check engine light flashed.

justin

Originally posted by Justiniano Reyes
    hi guys,

Just bought my surf (91? 2Lte automatic transmission) two months ago. Replaced her pistons, piston rings , liners to standard size and valve seals too because oil was dripping from breather. But oil was still dripping from the breather hose after all the repairs, although not as bad as before. Is this normal to a newly overhauled engine?
    My next question is what does the cable from the throttle to the autotranny do? I mean what is its function? I'm new to auto transmission that's why I ask..please help

BTW.. this site was heaven sent.... I got here infos how to fix sensors when her check engine light flashed.

justin
    Justin.

A certain amount of blow by is possible, i wouldn 't worry too much about it. Rings need to bed in to seal correctly and it may just be that process taking place.

The cable you refer to is the kick down cable. It is what is used to make the transmission drop down a gear when you open up the throttle full on acceleration.

Glad the site is of help. I'm sure most of the people on here feel that way - including me.

Cheers

Comment

Andy,

Thank you for the speedy reply. This site is really cool. Big help for newbies like me.

justin

Comment

Working...
      X