Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compression

Hey folks, am new here from Holland.
    A year ago I bought a Hilux pickup 2.4D 1992. (no turbo, 2L engine)
    Gave it a XADO treatment, it had 165000km onit.
    Recently I put a LPG mix to it (10/90), results are good after 2000km now, more power at low rev., engine more quiet. Pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/ptr1968/HiluxLpgDieselMix
    The car drives very sweet, pulls up well, starts at a split second, and 1L to 13.5km this Summer

Now i have tested the compression yesterday; 580-600psi.
    Max. should be 455psi (haynes)
    Am a bit worried for the head gasket now cause of the high compression, should I ?

greetings,

Peter
    Last edited by ptr1968; 17 September 2012, 15:08.

Greetings, someone with an answer should hopefully be along soon!
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Is there a particular reason why you tested the compression ?
      Probably just carbon build up on the piston crowns and the combustion chambers.
      Last edited by shokenore; 14 September 2012, 18:05.
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Thats very high, hard to imagine how its can be that much more than stock without being deliberate.

I don't have the Compression pressure on a non-turbo 2.4, but 2.8's which are normally asperated are only 10 psi or so higher than the turbo 2.4 motors.

Are you sure of your results? Maybe a really thin head gasket has been fitted in the past, and/or the block or head skimmed quite a bit.

You can't do much about it without stripping the motor, so i'd just go with it and see what happens.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Shokenore;

I tested it cause of more stress on the head due to mixing LPG with it.
          Could be carbon , that's solving maybe (LPG).

Tony;

Haynes says that turbo engines are max 425psi, N/A 455psi.

I bought a new compressiontester, it was a cheap one though...

The headgasket is medium thickness 1.55mm.
          A skimmed head could be it yes.
          Maybe I open it up when I have some time, on the other side as long as it runs nice...

Further I can think of is the Xado treatment, they state on their website,
          it can give higher compression. (had good experiences with previous cars)

30% increase seems extreme to me.

Pete

Comment

You know, I read about Xado about 7 or 8 years ago and how it had been used to renovate locomotive engines in the Soviet (somewhere) and also machine gun barrels in a similar area. I thought it was 'snake oil', but as it has been around for quite some time now and as there are dealers all over the world, I am beginning to wonder if the theory (and the product) may have some substance. Can you please enlighten us?

Just about every article that I have read on Xado has been put out by Xado, and their adverts have been published in quite a range of magazines, but I haven't ever seen much reliable supporting evidence from users. I'd like to try some of their products, but then don't want to line the pockets of thieves.
            Last edited by yorta2; 16 September 2012, 05:00. Reason: typo's

Comment

Apart from Xado people, its a bit difficult to get independent info of people who actually used it.
              Many people are writing on the net negative about it, offen without trying.

I started using it when I saw the Russian Kamas truck (Dakar rally) sponsering and using it.
              I did it on 5 cars now, all with 150-200k on it, 2 were petrol, 3 diesel. Overall I noticed a smoother engine, about 10% lower fuel use, less overheating.
              Sofar in all cars I had no bad effects. I've also used their engine oil 10W40, about the same as the Castrol I normally use.

When it was new they said 1 engine treatment was good for 100.000km, now they say its good for 50.000km.
              The carspare shop I buy it they have cut the sales price also in half.
              The guy from this shop told me that a taxi company has good results with it.

Here are 2 men testemonies from Saab club Holland:
              http://www.docstoc.com/docs/50528108...he-Netherlands

Another local here from an engine overhaul company one time stripped an engine treated with Xado; he saw green stuff (ceramic?) on the cylinder walls.

Don't expect wonders, that's another department, but it can makes things last a bit longer.

If you want more power, then LPG is a good option, for turbo engines it workes much better, read:
              http://www.dieselperformanceproducts...ls.html#toyota
              The system is also easily homemade, with a evaporator and needlevalve.

Peter

Pete
              Last edited by ptr1968; 16 September 2012, 17:56.

Comment

Thanks, Pete. I will wait for some further personal and individual comments. Please, anybody.

Comment

Found out trough some experienced people that higher compression can't hurt if there is not much carbon.
                  They said its a good condition then, also they experienced this with VW tdi's.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                  X