New Surf Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surf Head

Ok i been offered a surf that has the head gasket gone and maybe the head , question is i dunno what head i need to lok for to replace it. Its on a 2.4 manual k reg, and im presuming that its a ln130. I prsume that because mines a j plate 2.4 and is a ln130. Hopefully someone can tell me what to look for or point me in said direction. Just want to price it before i commit to buying. Its for my mom and dad who are moving back from the states so i want it to be ready when they come over but i got 2 mths yet .

I spent £700 or thereabouts, doing mine last year. That was a head from Rough Trax plus their gasket kit.

I should have done the water pump at the same time, (live and learn) so include that too.

Comment

hmm ok bit more than i wanted to spend in truth..thx for the heads up about the water pump. Seen heads on ebay, recon, for about £200 so was sorta hoping would be able to get all the bits for less than £400. Just not sure what head i need to be looking for.

Comment

A very big risk buying a replacement cylinderhead that only costs £200. You'll probably be replacing it again in 12 months.

If it's for your folks, then the 2.7 advertised on here will be more suitable and more reliable. I have two and they're faultless.

Comment

Working...
        X