Air con regassing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air con regassing question

Hello everyone, i need a little help to get my air con working. since i bought the truck it never had the air con working at all. under closer inspection it still has the R12 (think thats the right one) one it. I believe they are the ones still used in Japan. So i have bought a kit to convert them to R134a used here in the UK.
    My question is, which valve is the high side and which one the low side?
    Also how do you know when the system is full of gas or does it only take what it can fit in the system?

Thanks for you help
    Jason

Originally posted by imgifted86 View Post
    Hello everyone, i need a little help to get my air con working. since i bought the truck it never had the air con working at all. under closer inspection it still has the R12 (think thats the right one) one it. I believe they are the ones still used in Japan. So i have bought a kit to convert them to R134a used here in the UK.
    My question is, which valve is the high side and which one the low side?
    Also how do you know when the system is full of gas or does it only take what it can fit in the system?

Thanks for you help
    Jason
    Looking from the grille towards the compressor the valve cap on the left is for the high side .

It may be worth checking the fan/air con fuse behind the passenger dash glove box first,especially if you have never had the air con working.

What kit is it that you are referring to?
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

there is a kit on fleebay ill post a link see if it works.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3100542336...84.m1497.l2649

this is the kit ive got, ive also got extra refridgerant and the hose connecting pipe too.

Comment

Just start with one bottle first.
        Turn on the air con and squirt some in you should hear the air con clutch pull in and the compressor will start pumping.

Look in the sight glass window of the drier/receiver (to the right of the bonnet catch.

You should see some bubbles in the window.

If it is streaming through slowly add more gas then wait and check again.

You may need to use both bottles.

Do not forget liquid refrigerant burns wear gloves.
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

well after fitting the low valve adapter, then fitting the high side adapter it ripped the threads off and now i need a new compressor. just bought a replacement from fleebay for 34.00 quid.
          cant believe it did that.

Comment

Originally posted by imgifted86 View Post
            well after fitting the low valve adapter, then fitting the high side adapter it ripped the threads off and now i need a new compressor. just bought a replacement from fleebay for 34.00 quid.
            cant believe it did that.
            The fittings only normally need finger pressure to tighten them down .

If you are changing the compressor then you will have air in the system.
            You can not bleed the air .

I would change the compressor then fire it into a garage(or kwikfit) so they can put their air con machine on it and get rid of the air.
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, will save a lot of time later on.

Comment

Working...
              X