Ball joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball joints

Have been a good girl today an been underneath greasing things up, was a game of hide an seek with some of the nipples though!

Got a problem though with the ball joints. No Nipples. Have found the threads which you attach grease nipples to. Does anyone know where I could buy these on line or local to Merseyside. Have tried all the obvious places but noone stocks them, also what size are they and is there any reason why the nipples cannot be left attached once I find some? I cant understand why they are not like the other greaseing points around the car. Sure there must be a reason though!

Thanks

Andrea
    Andy (the girly)
    What YOU want something THAT big for???!!!!!

Originally posted by Bladebabe
    Have been a good girl today an been underneath greasing things up, was a game of hide an seek with some of the nipples though!

Got a problem though with the ball joints. No Nipples. Have found the threads which you attach grease nipples to. Does anyone know where I could buy these on line or local to Merseyside. Have tried all the obvious places but noone stocks them, also what size are they and is there any reason why the nipples cannot be left attached once I find some? I cant understand why they are not like the other greaseing points around the car. Sure there must be a reason though!

Thanks

Andrea
    Any Decent local motor parts store (probably not Halfords) would have them. I got some from my local parts store. Only reason for not leaving them attached is dirt or damage. I've left mine on the motor.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks Andy, will try again tomorrow.
      Andy (the girly)

Comment

Word had it that the size was M6 but when I took one of the grease nips of my rear prop it was M8 I'm fairly sure. Either way to be sure you could buy an M6 M7 and M8 and pay £1, its just an orinary nipple.

Comment

Grease nipples on the ball joints are M6 and they have to be either 45° or 90° coz you can't get a grease gun on the straight ones. The angled ones are quite hard to find.

Comment

Elvz is right and the bottom ones can be a bit fiddely.. if you get stuck pm me and i will post a couple off to you (free)

Comment

Thanks everyone. As usual you're a great help. Will try again tomorrow and if I have no luck I will take you up on your offer Fenman666 but I insist on reimbursing you for your very kind offer.

Night all

Andrea
              Andy (the girly)

Comment

Found some in little old back street shop. Thanks again for info on size and angles and offer to send me some.

Andrea
                Andy (the girly)

Comment

Working...
                X