X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed for a newbie!

hi all, just bought a 1993 2.4 (splx?)
    well im having some probs . . .
    firdtly it smokes like a bugger when starting up and seems to take ages to start, have looked at other posts and cant figure it out!! the turbo light comes on when starting but never comes on again and im guessing with what others have wrote its linked. the check light comes on and goes off when it wants and so too does the overdrive off light although that just flashes more when its cold! and also the rear door / window reg has bust and i cant find another one anywhere!!! help me or i go back to landrovers . . !!
    makin bacon . . .

Hello, welcome to the forum.

The starting sounds like a glow plug problem. Start by checking for voltage at the plugs. If none found check the fuse (it's accessed from underneath the fuse box - don't try and rip it out from the top)

For the engine check lights thing you need to do a fault code check. Info here.

For the rear window mech you can buy new from Roughtrax or milners or get a good used one from a breaker. Try the bloke at the top of the page ^ or ebay.

Comment

champion!!
      if i key the ign on and off for ages it seems to make starting better!! so need to extend or manually keep glow plugs on, still smokes like buggery tho!! its booked in for light lookin at as im guessing the turbo and the check light are connected. any idea on the o/d light anyone??!
      makin bacon . . .

Comment

Working...
      X