Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front wheel lying in

hi all

im have a problem with my front passegner wheel in my ln130, the front wheel camber angle is off by a lot, the its lying in the way by about 20 degrees, i have changed the wheel bearing and its made no differenct and the ball joints and bushings seem to be good, so i can under stand why it lying in the way by so much, anyhelp welcome or ideas, i know it could be something simple that im just do know about, but it looks real bad and it starting to eat in to the tire tred,

The camber is adjustable (bottom wishbone), take it to someone who can set up the geometry properly. It's possible to DIY the setup, but I wouldn't recommend it.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

you can do it yourself but it wont be perfect, on the lower wishbone there are 2 bolts (front and rear of the arm) that go through the bottom bush, on these bolts are cam nuts, and toyota have nicely marked them up too so you can fint the centre (upright) position. you will need to clean them up to find them tho.

basically jack the front up (its a pain with the weight of the surf on it) and you will need a 24mm spanner (i think), you slacken off the nut end of it about a turn and providing the washers arent ruined you then turn the bolt end until you see the line on the chassis inline with the one on the washer. this the moves the wheel in or out from the bottom.

i did it to mine as the camber was a mile out but the washers were slightly damaged so i had to take the bolt out about quater inch so i could reposition the washer. its fairly easy to be honest as long as you know how to use a spanner.
      well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

thanks for that, ill have to give it a try, could it be a cause of the bushes being worn as well, i did try to check them but they didnt seen to be any play in them

Comment

Good luck
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
          X