Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodruff Key Lost!

Hi All,
    Head off the truck and just getting it all back together, except just relaised I have rather rather embarrassingly lost the small woodruff key that holds the camshaft sprocket onto the cam shaft. Just tried ‘Just Hilux’ down in Essex but without too much success. Anyone got any ideas – RoughTrax, Toyota dealers, Halfords, or anyone got one they could sell me..
    Greg

I have one if no one locally can help, but you won't get it till tomorrow.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

90280-05004

Nev

Comment

Thanks Nev,
        I've just spoken to jap4x4 down in London and they have one they will send me - shame as minimum order is £10 but then again I suppose that is the price I have to pay for being a bone head in the first place.
        Greg

Comment

Order something else you may need or at least get enough keys to cover the minimum order cost. You could sell or give away the extras.

Nev

Comment

Last edited by Greg212; 7 March 2012, 14:58.

Comment

I have a gift horse. Would you be interested in looking it in the mouth?

Comment

Crpytic as apposed to coffee time might help here...

"Man with no shins or feet adds one past M to after 2"
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                  Crpytic as apposed to coffee time might help here...

"Man with no shins or feet adds one past M to after 2"
                  You get legless in the afternoons?

Comment

Right, first things sorry and thanks to TonyN for the kind offer of the key - brain not in gear as I just saw Nev's part number and thanked him (instead of Tony) - anyways, thanks also Nev for the part number.
                    Gift horse - understand the point but I hope to have one from Jap4x4 so I'll let Tony keep his for the next novice who foolishly looses his key while dismantling the head in the dark, outside on a gavel drive way (its a learning experience here) - doh!
                    Cheers guys

Comment

Originally posted by Greg212 View Post
                      a gavel drive way
                      Henry has one of them

Comment

Originally posted by biosurf View Post
                        Henry has one of them

It's ok Greg don't worry about it, at least you just provided the excuse for others to display their cunning wit....

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

A magnet would have been cheaper!

Comment

Yes, tried the magnet method - grey gravel, scottish winter evenings - not a snow balls chance.
                            Key arrived yesterday - lot of fuss for a tiny piece of metal. TBelt and aux belts back on, cooling system back on, air inlet pipes on - cranked it, and it WORKS! As you can see it has been an emotional two weeks.
                            Now oil leak from the turbo oil gasket I didn't replace - £58 for the full set from RTrax....

Comment

Working...
                            X