Rear Window Smashed to Bits!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window Smashed to Bits!

Last weekend when unloading the Surf, the window mechanism was mistakenly activated from Driver's Seat switch thus extending the glass when the tailgate was down, (not sure it is supposed to do that, but it did). Sadly, one of our large dogs decided it would be a good laugh to use the tailgate and horizontal window as a diving board. The result being one well smashed tailgate glass.

My questions are then this:- I have started looking about for replacement glass, is refitting the glass much of a job and how is it done??

Secondly, I am toying with buying a sheet of PolyCarbonate, cutting to size and using this instead of Glass, should such a calamity arise again. Does anyone know of a template before I try and create my own?

Thanks in advance!!

PS. Surf is LN130 1993 2.4

Hi Mark, ping me an E-mail (febsnowman@talktalk.net) I maybe able to sort you out.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Hi Mark, ping me an E-mail (febsnowman@talktalk.net) I maybe able to sort you out.
      what happened to your previous address janrainman@talktalk.net?
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Cheers for the new glass bushwacker!! First Class job!

Comment

Working...
        X