Starting Problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Problem.

So, recently changed battery cable ends on my hilux surf 2.4 as they werent tightening enough. While i was doing this i accidently dropped my wrench and it touched both the neg and pos posts and sparked.

Now when go to cycle the glow plugs i cant hear the fuel priming at all and wont start. Now i'm assuming i shorted something out and blew a fuse or relay or something.

Could someone help me out a little here. Let me know what fuse it would be that would cut that priming out.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

anyone?

Comment

Not sure what you mean when you say you can't hear the fuel priming??
      The fuel isn't pumped by an electric pump, thats the job of the mechanical fuel pump on the engine.

Anyhoo, check the 80A GLO fuse in the fusebox in the engine compartment is OK, also the 100A ALT fuse next to it.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Not sure what you mean when you say you can't hear the fuel priming??
        The fuel isn't pumped by an electric pump, thats the job of the mechanical fuel pump on the engine.

Anyhoo, check the 80A GLO fuse in the fusebox in the engine compartment is OK, also the 100A ALT fuse next to it.
        Well like when you turn it on to cycle the glow plugs you hear what i thought was priming. its like a surging sound. It just stopped doing that after i this incident.

And i checked the tops of those fuses and theres no breaks in the indicators.

Comment

Yeah I had the same problem with mine, it was the glow plug fuse, couldn't get it out so I soldered it
          ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

Originally posted by TLeid View Post
            Well like when you turn it on to cycle the glow plugs you hear what i thought was priming. its like a surging sound. It just stopped doing that after i this incident.
            It must be something else, all you are doing what waiting for light/buzzer is preheating the glowplugs, nothing else is going on.

Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
            Yeah I had the same problem with mine, it was the glow plug fuse, couldn't get it out so I soldered it
            Unbolt the fuse box, remove the bottom cover and the fuse holder unclips and slides out the bottom, then you can unbolt the fuse.

All you've done it make sure if a glowpug sorts out the wiring or batteries will just set fire to your truck as they melt. I'd do it properly ASAP......
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The sound you can hear is probably the electric aerial motor...
              "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by zem_41 View Post
                Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                Unbolt the fuse box, remove the bottom cover and the fuse holder unclips and slides out the bottom, then you can unbolt the fuse.

Alright thanks guys. I'll put it in the garage this weekend and replace that fuse. Now is that fuse available at stores like napa and what not or do i need to order it from somewhere specific?

Comment

Yeah ur prob right, but I only put a very small blob on it to hold the 2 sides together, it would still blow shud the worst happen( so not a complete bodge). But I'm gonna change it anyways Thanks
                  ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

Working...
                  X