Fuel Pump Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump Leak

Had the fuel pump changed a couple of weeks ago (bought a second hand pump from the forum) Been running ok so far, but have smelt diseal a few time when parked up. Had a look under the bonnet, its leaking from the rear of the pump. Quite ####ed of as I paid a mechanic to fit it and had timing belt glow plugs and everything changed. Now i'm back to where I started.................Do I need another pump? Or can the seals be changed, this will have to be a diy job as I cant afford to pay the mechanic again

For a start check all the injector pipes are done up tight. Then give it a good degrease and jetwash to make sure of where the leak is coming from.

Comment

As above. Got mine replaced back in october with supposedly reconditioned pump. It lasted a week before diesel p*shed out again. Took it back to the garage and it was fixed same day. Never got a full explaination but one of the pipes had not been put on correct causing the big leak. The pipe at the top of the pump was also "sweating" leaving a film of diesel on top of the pump. I initially thought it was the top seal but it was just a matter of replacing the pipe. Panic over!
      Then the alternator went the following week but thats another story lol

Comment

Working...
      X