over heating on boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over heating on boost

Basically starts mint bit of a miss and smoke until a fee seconds can drive round all day off boost temp never moves above half, soon as you but boost on it starts to cook itself. Stop for a minute cools down to half way. No waterloss. No mixed oil and water. No water in exhaust. But it did presserise when over heated but cool down and no pressure.

Cracked head?

Ive pressure filled the system so know air
    No thermastat in.

Probably a cracked head, but I'd suggest putting a thermostat in first....

Comment

A thermastat would cook it faster mate.

Bore scope goin down to moz

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
        Probably a cracked head,....
        Cracked keyboard more like!

Comment

Where do they normally crack

Comment

Originally posted by phils scooby View Post
            Where do they normally crack
            By the looks of things on and around the vowels.
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Are we talking about my English here or the engine

The more im thinking of it. I think its inbetween the valve seats

Comment

:pmsl:

If you're not losing any water then you don't have a head problem.

A cracked head dosn't cause overheating.

If you've posted the symptoms correct then you either have a jammed 'stat, blocked rad or knackered viscous fan hub.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

If you read, theres no stat. Ive cleaner the water system.

Im a mechanic so im not stupid I never new I was asked to do an English exam on here.

The fan is ran off the aux belt so I carnt see that been a problem.

Why else would it be pressurising the boost is blowing through keeping water out the bore

I suspect with this problem the crack is between the chamber and water port

Comment

You say no water loss. Well a cracked head would cause this. You also say no thermostat, so put the ###### thing back in. Do you know how a viscous fan works? Your statement about simply running off the belts suggests not. Has the radiator been removed and properly cleaned, as in top and bottom tanks removed and core roded?

Nev

Comment

Ive removed and cleaned all water system parts. Its never had a stat in all a stat will do is cook it faster.

If you read it only over heats on boost

No water loss unit it boils over n yous it out coolant tank

No ive never owned or worked on a car that has a what ever fan I specilise in jap performance cars

Comment

Ive removed and cleaned all water system parts. Its never had a stat in all a stat will do is cook it faster.
                        I ask again has the radiator been cleaned properly?

A thermostat will make NO difference to that at all. You are talking SH!T.

If you read it only over heats on boost
                        I did read that. More boost = more fuel = more heat.

No water loss unit it boils over n yous it out coolant tank
                        You said no water loss before. Make up your mind.

No ive never owned or worked on a car that has a what ever fan I specilise in jap performance cars
                        Suggest you learn then.

Conclusion.
                        You have a cracked head

Nev

Comment

like ive said ive cleaned all the waterways which includes the rad as that is a waterway.

you will always get waterloss when you boil it over, but round the doors when it doesnt cook it doesnt loose any water

course a stat will do that as it warms up the water faster, this is not a good thing when it wants too cook its self on boost,

why has this even turned into a bitchie topic pathetic

it actually sounds more like a viscus fan since ive read up on them. the oil in them anyway.

Comment

like ive said ive cleaned all the waterways which includes the rad as that is a waterway.
                            How did you clean it? Did you remove top and bottom tank. Flushing will not clean a blocked radiator.

you will always get waterloss when you boil it over, but round the doors when it doesnt cook it doesnt loose any water
                            Of course you will but is it overheating or over pressurising? There is a difference. Overheating is one thing, excess pressure from a cracked head is another. Pressure forces coolant out then it overheats because of lack of coolant.

A faulty radiator cap will do similar things.

course a stat will do that as it warms up the water faster, this is not a good thing when it wants too cook its self on boost,
                            Thermostat has nothing to do with your problem. Put one in and it will do the same as it's doing now. Actually a thermostat is necessary to reduce flow, so the coolant does not pass too quickly through the cooling system.

why has this even turned into a bitchie topic pathetic
                            Because you are taking no notice of what you are being told.

it actually sounds more like a viscus fan since ive read up on them. the oil in them anyway.
                            Well, check it.

Nev

Comment

Thanks Nev. Sometimes I shudder when I feel I have to answer - you did it for me!

Comment

Working...
                              X