Fan switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan switch

After my truck has had its steering relay rod done at my local toyo dealer they also gave it a "health check" £1700 worth of repairs

Anyway started it up today without the stereo on and found the rad fan on .

Checked the switch and the switch is broken .

The switch is broken where the plastic meets the brass ,on further inspection found a line of what I would say is superglue,ie cloudy hard and brittle layer,no scrub that it IS superglue,seems a bit strange I never had noticed this before

OK don't really want to pay the £75 for the official item,I seem to remember talk of a Corrolla switch being used can anyone confirm?
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Give Try TonyN or Lee (supersurf ) a call Both normally have one being broken and always goes above and beyond to help
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

fan switch

carinna 2 >93 works about £15 slightly different but works have posted code before, they are on ebay hope it helps

Comment

Go into your nearest auto parts supplier and ask them to look at their catalogue listing for a Thermo Fan Switch with these specs. 97C on 92C off. Normally Closed. M16 X 1.5 Thread. We down here can get a Tridon brand TFS115 for less than $40.00.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          Go into your nearest auto parts supplier and ask them to look at their catalogue listing for a Thermo Fan Switch with these specs. 97C on 92C off. Normally Closed. M16 X 1.5 Thread. We down here can get a Tridon brand TFS115 for less than $40.00.

Nev

Many thanks for the help Nev D/loaded the Tridon catalogue to see if that switch is fitted to some other vehicle.

I tried the motor factor route today I may as well have been speaking Urdu and wanting to pay in Matabele beads or maybe I did actually have three heads
          The search goes on......

Whats the postage from Oz
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I've got one you can have mate, just got to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
              Whats the postage from Oz
              Postage depends on which service is chosen.

Air Mail $21.25
              Registered Post International $27.00
              Express Post International $79.50
              Express Courier International $59.70

None is cheap.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                I've got one you can have mate, just got to find it.
                Did you find that switch?
                Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                  Did you find that switch?

Yup and the plug for it with about six inches of wire.
                  I've just put it on the trucks dash so I won't forget it tomorrow.

Comment

Many thanks.

Spent about an hour checking and cross referencing the Tridon spec sheet for compatibility of that fan switch with uk motors....and then gave up
                    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
                    X