Few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions

I finally bought my first surf, a '93 second gen. in great condition but I have a few q's for you gurus

drove it to maidstone to get it unregistered as a disabled vehicle, as we were on the return home the truck lost all power, so we drove back at 50/60mph and the turbo whistling like mad but no poke lol. when we got back I let it cool down and decided to attack it.
    | found the turbo control switch popped off so cable tied the little hose back on and it drive fantastic again.

While I had the whole intake off to see if the turbo was spinning I noticed that the crank breather was puffing out smoke, is that normal?

Also is it worth blocking the egr pipe?

cheers

Congrats on finding the issue, bet you was worried for a while tho!

Blanking off the EGR is a must in my book, they are a complete waste of time and kill power/fuel efficiency when left "functional" (Functional EGR - oyxmoron!) The smoke from the breather is "normal" for all kinds of technical reasons that I can't remember,,,you might want to try this little mod: http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=73835 and welcome to the club, you can log out any time you like but you can never leave!
    Life is not a dress rehearsal
    1996 3.0 SSR-G 5-speed
    (Auto's are for the indecisive!!)

Comment

Working...
    X