"bad water leak"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "bad water leak"

my surf has started to leak heavily from "some where"? at the rear of the engine it is not the air conditioning spill line it definately is from the rear of the engine yet does not seem to be a heater hose etc it is pouring litterally from the back of the engine and over the jointplate of the auto box yet no matter how hard I look I can not see where it is coming from? it leaks as soon as the engine is started regardless of temp and also when I top the system back to "full" any idea's? is it an outo box cooler oh its a 2,4 or is there a core plug at the rear of the engine? would be surprised if it was something like that but you never know.
    cheers Keith

Originally posted by monkey hanger
    my surf has started to leak heavily from "some where"? at the rear of the engine it is not the air conditioning spill line it definately is from the rear of the engine yet does not seem to be a heater hose etc it is pouring litterally from the back of the engine and over the jointplate of the auto box yet no matter how hard I look I can not see where it is coming from? it leaks as soon as the engine is started regardless of temp and also when I top the system back to "full" any idea's? is it an outo box cooler oh its a 2,4 or is there a core plug at the rear of the engine? would be surprised if it was something like that but you never know.
    cheers Keith
    Sounds like a core plug in the head corroded out . Would not suprise me if gone . I have had 3 cars where the core plugs have corroded away (not Surfs), even with wot I thought was good , strong anti freeze in .
    Remember , some of the Jap servicing was not very good on these vehicles so antifreeze may have been neglected when over there . If you have given it a flush and refill it may have disloged the muck and now you have a leak .

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
    X