Head gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head gaskets

Anyone know if the gaskets are the same for the 2L and 2L-T 1st gen? As the one listed on roughtrax only says 2L diesel?

There are two types of 2L motor, I think Nev mentioned it before, you need to know if you have a the newer OHC motor, or older one with rockers.

The easist way to tell is the old motor has three bolts down the center of the rocker cover, newer one has loads of both round the edge.

In the pickups 84-88ish is the older version, 89-on the newer one. But I've seen 87-88 Surfs with the newer motor. They use different gaskets.

Look at MK2 pickup stuff on Roughtrax, YN or LN65, 84-88 if its the older motor.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The key words here are 1st generation so yes, they will be the same. As Tony says there are two types of engine but the latter type was not around when the 1st generation vehicles were produced.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post

Look at MK2 pickup stuff on Roughtrax, YN or LN65, 84-88 if its the older motor.
        That's what you want.

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=600&vid=144

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          Cheers mate, i've ordered the full kit, head is in at the machine shop at the moment so fingers crossed its all good lol

Comment

Machine shop ringed this morning, heads skimmed and passed pressure test so i'm quite chuffed, gaskets arrived from roughtrax too so all set to build back up this weekend

Comment

Working...
            X