Turbo light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo light

Hi all, Have been reading through some threads ref power loss and lots refer to the turbo light coming on.

I took my surf upto Derbyshire (Rock and Blues Fesssy) at the weekend and as I've only had it three weeks dont really know whats right or wrong yet, but I was quite alarmed at the power loss sometimes on some quite low long hills, and others it was ok. certainly if you hit them at approx 50 mph it seemed to hold its own without being able to accelerate, but others if you were doing say 30mph it would just loose all power and crawl at 5mp for quite a while. I have never seen the turbo light coming on, except when the key is in ignition prior to starting up. I'm guessing then that this is not right, also what does the turbo sound like?
    Cheers
    Andrea
    Andy (the girly)
    What YOU want something THAT big for???!!!!!

Originally posted by Bladebabe
    Hi all, Have been reading through some threads ref power loss and lots refer to the turbo light coming on.

I took my surf upto Derbyshire (Rock and Blues Fesssy) at the weekend and as I've only had it three weeks dont really know whats right or wrong yet, but I was quite alarmed at the power loss sometimes on some quite low long hills, and others it was ok. certainly if you hit them at approx 50 mph it seemed to hold its own without being able to accelerate, but others if you were doing say 30mph it would just loose all power and crawl at 5mp for quite a while. I have never seen the turbo light coming on, except when the key is in ignition prior to starting up. I'm guessing then that this is not right, also what does the turbo sound like?
    Cheers
    Andrea
    Andrea
    You are correct the turbo light should come on somewhere between 1600 and 2200 rpm. The Turbo (if you can here it as some are very quiet) sounds like a high pitched whine but not too loud. I would suggest that the turbo is not cutting in.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks Andy. Not sure where to start sorting that out though! Workshop manual in post so will start there I guess. Am I ok driving round if turbo not working properly/at all?
      Andy (the girly)
      What YOU want something THAT big for???!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bladebabe
        Thanks Andy. Not sure where to start sorting that out though! Workshop manual in post so will start there I guess. Am I ok driving round if turbo not working properly/at all?
        Yeah you should be OK, just don't try nipping into a small gap in traffic.

Have a look at the pictures on Barnabyp's post about is running problems. You may be able to find one of the pipes disconnected which is most likely the problem.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X