Turbo leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo leak?

I have now got oil leaking from the short piece of rubber hose on right side of the metal pipe with EFI Turbo written on it, the big 'un that crosses the engine.
    Is this my turbo bearings going?
    If it is what do I do next?

Know absolutely nil about turbos.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ronnie

Best to get somewhere to have a look I took my turbo into a turbo center near me and they had a look for free. I,ve noticed oil on the air filter side on mine and it's coming from the pipe from the rocker cover into the inlet manifold.

Comment

My surf has had the same thing ever since getting it over 18months ago, never gets any worse so have just left it alone.
      Attached Files

Comment

its an anti rust GIZMO
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by andy
          My surf has had the same thing ever since getting it over 18months ago, never gets any worse so have just left it alone.
          Mine does a little too. Best thing to do to fix it is to put new hose clips round the ends of that pipe so that the oil doesn't leak out, just gets burnt off in the engine. The standard Toyota hose clips are slightly less use than a chocolate fire guard.

Cheers

Comment

Its probably just crankcase pressure, any oil leaking from the turbo bearing will get sucked in and burnt.

Clean all the intake out, find the hose that goes from the big pipe into the rocker cover of the engine this is the breather pipe and you'll probably find it oily, then a trail down the intake to the turbo, or it runs back up to the airfilter.

Older motors will get more oil blowing out as tghe miles pile up, as crankcase pressure increases, due to worn rings or valve seals.

Its probably never been cleaned out, so you have pools of oil in low points in the intake. Clean it up and see how it goes. If its not using much oil, its nothing to worry about.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X