4 hours in london traffic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 hours in london traffic

Spent 4 hours in london traffic today with hold ups galore, air con on full and not once did the temp gauge budge from the middle, I really thought if the head was gonna go, it would have been today. it sure was a good test!
    Fingers still crossed tho.

Yeh the head issues are a little scarey, but there are more out there without probs than with, i think.
    Recently i drove 3hrs at around 120 - 135 kmh M5,M6 motorway. I had the A/C on most of the time. The Surf didn't us a drop of oil or water, the temp stayed slap bang in the middle too.
    I thought that sort of traffic chaos was supposed to dissappear under Livingstone's dictatership?

Comment

water probs

Well lets hope we have both got good ones mate, I have had my surf for nearly a year now and have done just under 30,000 KM and all I have changed is the usual oil/filter, front pads and the rad cap, it only uses a cup of oil between oil changes and I have never had to top up the water, the only hassle I did have was in hot weather and driving up Porlock hill, and it transfered about a pint of the cooling water into the expansion tank, so was told to change the rad cap, all I done was to lift out the expansion tank and poured it back into the filler cap, I have not bothered to change the fluid as it is still a nice green colour, I suppose I should think about changing the timing belt as it has done 106,000 km's, mmm I better book it in to be done

Comment

The belts are quite important, has your indicater light come on the dash yet?
        Same as you i have changed oil/filters etc and it goes fine. Even had it sideways ,on hard susp, in the wet. This is the first Surf i have owned didn't know just how good these things are..........muncher

Comment

Sorry just read your other thread about dash lights.....Doh

Comment

Most of the Surfs I've owned have spent the majority of their driving time in heavy traffic either here in London or in Metro Cebu... it's not an exceptional thing.

Comment

Working...
            X