removing cam belt cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing cam belt cover

Hi, i am just in the middle of trying to change my cambelt and all the other stuff you end up doing at the same time. The problem i have come across is that the idler wheel and bracket for the PAS belt are stopping me pulling the cover out far enough to remove it.
    I looked through quite a few threads about cambelt change and none seemed to mention removing this. To remove the offending item it looks like the PAS pump needs to be removed before i can get to the bolts for the bracket.
    Is this the right thing to do?
    I have removed the idler but this only helped a little.
    Attached Files
    Non consternationes.

Yep you need to remove the aircon pump and the bracket. I'd already removed the aircon from my 2.4 so I ground off the bit the idler attaches to to make it easier next time.

Comment

Cheers fella, went straight out with the spanners and whipped it off. The cover is now off and i can see all the scary stuff behind including the oil slick from the front crank seal.( glad i got one last week from toyota in anticipation )

next question, how do i remove the crank gear and then can i just pull the seal out and replace?
      Non consternationes.

Comment

You need a gear puller (3 bolt type) and then hook the seal out, knock a new one in. (with a bit of pipe the right size)

Example of gear puller.
        Last edited by wishbone; 9 June 2011, 21:17.

Comment

Sounds nice 'n' easy , i have a slide hammer with a similar looking mounting attachment and if that doesn't fit looks like a quick trip to machinemart.
          Thanks for the help and quick replies.
          dazza
          Non consternationes.

Comment

Working...
          X