No announcement yet.

few issues after enine change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tell me if im doing it right paper clip to te1 and e1 and turn ignition on and is it the overdrive light that should flash?

just put new fuse in, it takes about 6 on offs with ignition to start

Comment

Has anyone mentioned the vacuum hoses yet? they are often the curpit after big engine work and not connected up 100% right. If htey are holding the shut down valves closed instead of open, or the EGR is open all the time it'll not want to start
      i would go with this as tony said
      JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Nope, the O/D light is for gearbox faults, the Engine check light in the rev counter should flash.

Have you got a multi-meter? See how long the glow plugs are getting power for, you should get 11/12 volts for 6 secs or so, then 6ish volts for a further time.

How long does it take for the buzzer to come on with ignition on but motor not cranked? Can you hear the glow plug relay clicking off just befor the buzzer.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I mentioned the Vacuum hoses in the first reply, OP says they are OK.

We need the error codes and both the voltages from the glow plug bus bar before we can give any more advice.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            I mentioned the Vacuum hoses in the first reply, OP says they are OK.

We need the error codes and both the voltages from the glow plug bus bar before we can give any more advice.
            OK, I only skimmed back quickly before replying and missed that bit.

Comment

ive not read codes not had chance, but just had to move it and noticed obviously its dark out, that the engine management light is on all the time very dim when running, you cant see it in day time. and radio and clock stay on without the key

Comment

Originally posted by imapetrolhead View Post
                its running well but temperatures higher on gauge than i it was and engine management light comes on niw and again.

also glow plug light does not stay on long enough to start from cold, do glow plugs like 7 times for it to start engine came out of my other truck i was using with no issues at all, new plugs. im wondering if the rads not too good, or air in it
                the engine lights stopped coming on after driving it home. the only thing now that seems wrong is hard to start from cold and does not seem to rev its self up a bit when cold, my other truck would rev up like a choke till it warmed up a bit.

fuses look ok, if i do glow plugs like 7 times it starts alright
                ive not read codes not had chance, but just had to move it and noticed obviously its dark out, that the engine management light is on all the time very dim when running, you cant see it in day time. and radio and clock stay on without the key

You've got a wiring fault somewhere, as it's affecting more than one thing to do with starting and dash function.

Comment

got fault codes 4 and 11, not sure what they are

yea bit odd the engine light flashed very dim as well, its running great tho

just to add ive noticed everything is on all the time, electric windows work all the time.

code 4's temp sensor but ive had it unplugged and 11's an odd onenot in park or air con on, well cant see that would affect anything
                  Last edited by imapetrolhead; 31 May 2011, 22:12.

Comment

Problem 1 - You've made an arse of wiring it up.

No more problems...
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

LOL, Harsh, but hard to deny on evidence.

Look for a missing earth connection, that normally buggers everything up, there's a strap on each side of the block at the lower front.

Also the -ve connections on the glow plug bus bar, and the resistor under the inlet manifold.

Dodgy alternators/connections also cause it, so check the wiring there and the alt itself.

Have you done anything to the ignition switch wiring, like removing/adding turbo timers or something.

You can reset the codes by pulling the ECD fuse, and/or disconnecting the for 15mins, then run it again and check the codes again.

The reason you get a A/C or not in park code is because the ECU alters things when the A/C is on, or in gear, to allow for the extra drag so the sensors and solenoids arn't in their measuring states and you may not get a proper reading from the ECU.

Comment

right cheers for that ill have a look, there does seem to be extra wires that have been hacked in and some dash pannels were removed when i bought it.
                        the wires under inlett were hard to get on but think there right

Comment

yay getting somewhere now, the radio was shorting something out, sorted the wires on that and now everything comes on with the key like it should, dont know how people can wire radios up wrong thoo

Comment

Working...
                          X