Starts but tries to stall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starts but tries to stall

The truck fires up straight away but if i did not give it a few good revs for the first few seconds it would die and have to start it again. The revs do not come up to where they should be for the first few seconds even with the choke turned up. I have to give it a few good revs and then the revs sit where they should be.
    This does not happen once it has been started and run for a few seconds, soon as the revs are stable even if I turn it off and back on again I do not need to rev it it just sits where it should be? Any ideas, thanks
    NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Air in the fuel.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      Air in the fuel.
      thanks, would that likely be into pump or via manifold?
      NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Diaphram in the primer split?

Comment

Or the return pipe from the injectors.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Diaphram in the primer split?
            although it has non return valves on the fuel lines on both sides of primer to prevent diesel travelling back I guess air could be getting in. Should the plunger on pump stay hard the whole time? thanks
            NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

If your fuel system is working properly, it won't need NRVs (in fact they could be part of the problem) why did you fit them?

Comment

If your fuel system is working properly, it won't need NRVs (in fact they could be part of the problem) why did you fit them?
                I put them in place of one from above tank, problem I believe is to do with air being sucked in by primer, then when it is off air bubbles probably join together. That is if the primer should be hard all the time as mine is not
                NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

The primer will only be hard when you pressurise (pump) it, it will be at ambient pressure when the truck is standing (engine off) and slightly below ambient pressure when the truck is running.

Comment

The primer will only be hard when you pressurise (pump) it, it will be at ambient pressure when the truck is standing (engine off) and slightly below ambient pressure when the truck is running.
                    I just went to check it as know that when I changed the filter 2 months ago I primed it again, not it wont pressurize any more? I guess it has got a hole in now. can the diaphragm be changed on these
                    many thanks
                    NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

I don't think it's servicable, the breakers will have some lying around.

Comment

Working...
                      X