X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smurfL6 View Post
    Bump
    Oops sorry, I missed this.
    I'll go and box it up now and it'll be in the post in the morning.

Comment

Many Thanks

Comment

Hey Bushwacker,
        Did you manage to post it for me, its not come yet. If you did how much do I owe you and I'll paypal you the money.
        Sally

Comment

Hey Bushwacker,
          Did you manage to post it for me, its not come yet. If you did how much do I owe you and I'll paypal you the money.
          Sally

Hi, sorry, missed to post on Saturday due to being roped into helping out at our son's school fete. (People see a big 4X4 and think 'Hmm, van!')

It was posted this morning but I don't know how much yet as my wife is still out shopping!
          It won't be much more than £2 I would have thought as it's quite light.
          I'll PM you as soon as I find out.
          Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by toyboata View Post
            hi
            where have you fitted these non return valves? I'm having fueling problems as well at the mo, my fuel keeps draining back to the tank.
            have you any pictures for where you have put the valves?

cheers
            if you have fitted the non return valve on the right side then it wont be the primer will it as the non return valve will stop the fuel from draining back, sounds like air getting in the pump seal, is the pump looking wet or oily?
            NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Do you mean Primer pump? We change that last night (Many thanks to Bushwacker) But unfortunatly didnt solve the problem. It took several attempts to start this morning. Infuritating as throughout the day its fine.

Comment

Do you mean Primer pump? We change that last night (Many thanks to Bushwacker) But unfortunatly didnt solve the problem. It took several attempts to start this morning. Infuritating as throughout the day its fine.
                Sorry its early didnt read it properly. Do you mean the fuel pump?

Comment

solution

Hi, try this: turn the key until the glow light comes on and wait for the beep,(12 seconds) turn it to OFF then back on for glow light, wait for beep, do it 1 last time making sure that you turn it to off each time then straight back to prime the glow plugs, on 4th time turn it over to start it. let me know how you get on. I think you have the same problem that I had and many suffer with that can be rectified by better glow plugs. I changed my glows recently and had this problem right from the start but as I knew I had power to the plugs and the plugs were new thought problem was else where. I tried this and it fired up straight away so put some quality plugs in (after I made sure all were working in case of faulty batch) it fired up instantly. never think because you have new plugs it means that they have the power to heat the fuel enough to make it fire up. good luck
                  NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

once it has started and then engine is warm it starts because the engine is working as a heater for the fuel in the line... this shows that it is not being sucked back or that air is not being sucked in unless of because due to expansion and contraction
                    NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Cheers I'll try that, I told hubby to change plugs but he assured me there new its not them. He got a bee in his bonnet saying that it must be injector pump. Going to Cornwall tomorrow and had to buy towbar for the Citreon as he doesnt want to risk taking the Surf

Comment

after lots of trial and error, mine was .......

i don't know technical speak so bear with me

in front of the fuel filter, there's a little white thing,it has a tube running from it to the air filter,about 3mm thick. from underneath this little white thing,there's another tube/pipe going into the engine(dont know what part of engine is called)its about 3 inches long and 10 mm thick, and has a spring clip on the engine end. this was very loose on mine and since pushing back on it starts first time

i think it's the one that bushwacker pointed to me as.........sudden loss of power is usually this pipe coming off.

i may be miles off here but it has worked for me and might be worth a look

p.s i don't know what the white thingy is either....

Comment

Originally posted by angloabroad View Post
                          after lots of trial and error, mine was .......

i don't know technical speak so bear with me

in front of the fuel filter, there's a little white thing,it has a tube running from it to the air filter,about 3mm thick. from underneath this little white thing,there's another tube/pipe going into the engine(dont know what part of engine is called)its about 3 inches long and 10 mm thick, and has a spring clip on the engine end. this was very loose on mine and since pushing back on it starts first time

i think it's the one that bushwacker pointed to me as.........sudden loss of power is usually this pipe coming off.

i may be miles off here but it has worked for me and might be worth a look

p.s i don't know what the white thingy is either....
                          any help is always good, it is intention, to help:.... I think that is the vacuum control module for turbo boost you are referring to but a pic may help, im sure others will know
                          NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Cheers I'll try that, I told hubby to change plugs but he assured me there new its not them. He got a bee in his bonnet saying that it must be injector pump. Going to Cornwall tomorrow and had to buy towbar for the Citreon as he doesnt want to risk taking the Surf
                            think of if you have a light bulb in your front room, it may be on but is it bright or dull light, same as heat from the glow plugs, the fact they are coming on does not show how hot they are getting also take off one of the fuel feeds to injectors and crank it over to see if the fuel is pumping straight away, this will show also if the fuel has traveled back, you can put 2 non return filters either side of the fuel primer (£3.95) inc posting, this will help stop fuel moving if you have a problem with the primer, and a lot cheaper!
                            I had the same issue, I put quality plugs in, a German brand, cant remember name and it was fixed after it driving me mad trying everything, good luck
                            NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Thanks all advice very helpful will let you know if we solve the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X