Turbo Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Rebuild

Have just had a new head on my surf, along with a new radiator and new crank pulley, and just when i thought my financial position could get no worse, my turbo needs new bearings, thankfully it hasn't broken up and wrecked all the work the garage has put into it, but to be on the safe side they have told me that i should become better aquainted with the Clio they have loaned me rather than be brought to tears with the problems it could bring.
    Ok sob story over, now for the important bit.
    Does anyone know where i can get a replacement turbo (with a bit of a guarantee) or where i can get it rebuilt (at reasonable cost).

Please help me i want my baby back!!!

There are lots of places that rebuild turbos, turbo technics in Northampton quoted me £300 and my local turbo center about the same. Have a ring around shouldn't be a problem, you can buy a new one for £500.

Comment

Hi Korvain

A mate of mine rebuilds turbos mainly for race cars but he may well have the right bits for a surf one, cant imagine there would be much difference between them.
      He is in Essex near me but may be able to sort it by post.
      If it helps e-mail or PM me and i will get in touch with him and get back to you.(wont put his number on here as he doesnt advertise his services, word of mouth work only).
      Last edited by Smurf; 25 July 2004, 08:27.
      If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
      I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smurf
        A mate of mine rebuilds turbos mainly for race cars but he may well have the right bits for a surf one, cant imagine there would be much difference between them.
        He is in Essex near me but may be able to sort it by post.
        If it helps e-mail or PM me and i will get in touch with him and get back to you.(wont put his number on here as he doesnt advertise his services, word of mouth work only).
        I think the Surf Turbo is also fitted to Camry's and is a CT20 model. Just seen on the web that you can also fit a Garrett T3 turbo without much modification and that it is a better turbo with less lag, however you need to fit an external wastegate to it as the CT20 has an internal wastgate and the T3 uses an external one. You may be able to pick one up second hand from an american car parts place as the are fitted to the 2.3 Turbo Mustangs.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X