Fan comes on straight away...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan comes on straight away...

Hi there, I have a long standing problem to fix, something I've been meaning to attend to for ages.

I had the head removed and rebuilt some while back, since which the truck hasn't been used too often. Every time I put the ignition key in the engine, the fan starts up immediately. I spoke to the guy who did the work and he suggested that some connectors might be round the wrong way, but now I can't remember where to look exactly and I've moved house so I'm nowhere near the guy who did it.

Anyone come across this before or know which connectors could easily be swapped over in error?

Many thanks.

Try the connectors just below the rad cap. I know there's 2 on an auto and I think there's 1 on a manual.

Comment

Thanks, will do...

Comment

There's a little plug that goes in the front of the stat housing (the same one Wishbone's talking about). If the plug fails or the wires break, it stays on. Have a look at that but beware the new plugs cost a fortune. Possibly time to install a thermostatic switch (or even just a manual one) to control the fan.

Comment

Working...
        X