Gearbox, Torque Convertor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox, Torque Convertor

Hello it's me again and continuing to have no drive from the trans. Took the gearbox off again today, refitted the T/C, clunked int place and turned freely when mated to the engine. Fitted everything back, filled trans to correct level. Put it into Drive but still no response, could the problem be electrical?....Your advice would be greatly appreciated.......

Hi undo 1 of the cooler pipes see if fluid is being pumped around it might be the front pump gone.
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

Thanks for that, will check it out in the morning.............

Comment

Transfer lever in H2?
        Is the transmission ECU plugged in? It's behind the driver's kick panel.
        Have you tried selecting gears manually using the lever?
        Unplug the nine wire multi-plug on the transmission and see if you get drive.

Comment

Hi Vince, will check the ecu plug in the morning. Manually tried to select gears but still no drive and will disconnect the 9 wire plug and try it that way. Is that why i can't remove the key when i switch off cause the ecu doesn't realise it's in park?. ...

Comment

Originally posted by mountain_man View Post
            Hi Vince, will check the ecu plug in the morning. Manually tried to select gears but still no drive and will disconnect the 9 wire plug and try it that way. Is that why i can't remove the key when i switch off cause the ecu doesn't realise it's in park?. ...

The key not releasing is most likely the shift linkage is out of adjustment.
            Put the shift lever in 'P' and loosen the nut on the linkage on the transmission to adjust the 'throw' of the lever.

If you get drive with the multi-plug removed, then it's an electrical problem. If still no drive with the plug removed then it's a transmission problem.

Comment

Thanks Vince, at least i will know one way or the other. If it's trnsmission put a gearbox to one side for me......Appreciate your help Vince.

Comment

Hi again, didn't undo the pipe because didn't bring my tools. Looked everywhere for the 9 wire multi-plug but couldnt find it anywhere on the transmission. Couldn't find the trans ECU either, where exactly are they located?...

Comment

Never had such problems with vehicles before, so frustrating. Stunning looking jeep but about to give up on it....

Comment

Never had such problems with vehicles before, so frustrating. Stunning looking jeep but about to give up on it....
                    We may be advising you incorrectly; I, and possibly the others, assumed you were talking about your Surf.

Anyway, did you adjust the linkage as advised by Vince? Did you check the transfer box is not in neutral?
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Hi again, didn't undo the pipe because didn't bring my tools. Looked everywhere for the 9 wire multi-plug but couldnt find it anywhere on the transmission. Couldn't find the trans ECU either, where exactly are they located?...
                      I circled where the multi-plug goes, in the attached photo Paul....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Cheers Vince but i cant enlarge the pic because my laptop contains errors. Really appreciate your time and effort....

Comment

ah got it, my laptop was lying. When i check the switch and still no gears i will be up to you the gearbox.....Thanks Vince.

Comment

Hello again Vince, took that plug off after i started the engine and still no gears so it's a mechanical problem?. I drove this this gearbox when it was in the other vehicle and worked perfect. Because i left the T/C on the engine when i refiitted the gearbox must have damaged it?. Appreciate your advice guys.....

Comment

Hi Vince, will have that gear-box off you Monday morning. If it's inconvenient let me know......Thankyou.

Comment

Working...
                              X