Timing Belt & Crank Pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Belt & Crank Pulley

Hi guys, I'm just doing my Timing belt and water pump today, I have it stripped as far as needing to get crank pulley off, I have a Harmonic puller and was wondering is it possible to remove all in one go or do I have to remove the 4 nuts and remove the outer pulley first? Problem is that some clown has rounded off 2 of the 4 totally! No socket will fit. and hard to get into Thanks
    Last edited by Diesel Turbo; 16 March 2011, 07:32.
    NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

You really need the bolts out so you can use the puller in the bolt holes but you may get away with it on, if you can remove at least two opposite bolts and use longer bolts in the puller.

Nev

Comment

worked

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
      You really need the bolts out so you can use the puller in the bolt holes but you may get away with it on, if you can remove at least two opposite bolts and use longer bolts in the puller.

Nev
      thats exactly what I did and worked, now just the main Crank pulley to get off, it is playing hard to get, I will get it off it it kills me!....should of bought a better tool! thanks
      Last edited by Diesel Turbo; 16 March 2011, 12:43. Reason: my typing is slower than my brain!
      NO MORE MR NICE GUY!

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Turbo View Post
        thats exactly what I did and worked, not just main Crank pulley to go,that is now playing hard to get, thanks
        Say that again!

Comment

Working...
        X