The Final Straw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Final Straw

Ive had the surf fpr 2 months, within 2 wks the turbo had to be replaced and after a month the radiator needed replacing. at least these were done under warranty.

then on friday night on the way to devon the head goes. we were somewhere near yeovil. the car is in somerset at a garage waiting for a new head and all the bits to go with it, ive had to hire a car at my own expense and i'm facing a bill for about £1400 + VAT. so heres me wishing id never bought the bl;oody thing. so if anyone wants a 92 SSR-G with Recaro interior and a nice new head in a couple of weeks. let me know!

i'm not prepared to keep throwing money at it so its got to go!
    2nd time unlucky with an import

Really sorry to hear that mate.
    Dont suppose you could tell me how much it cost to have the turbo replaced? I fear mine isnt working as it should be (or at all).

Comment

Originally posted by D-Piddy
      Ive had the surf fpr 2 months, within 2 wks the turbo had to be replaced and after a month the radiator needed replacing. at least these were done under warranty.

then on friday night on the way to devon the head goes. we were somewhere near yeovil. the car is in somerset at a garage waiting for a new head and all the bits to go with it, ive had to hire a car at my own expense and i'm facing a bill for about £1400 + VAT. so heres me wishing id never bought the bl;oody thing. so if anyone wants a 92 SSR-G with Recaro interior and a nice new head in a couple of weeks. let me know!

i'm not prepared to keep throwing money at it so its got to go!

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences, But after all this work has been done there is not a lot else that will go wrong. The surf is a great car give it another chance to prove it to you and get some enjoyment out of the money you have spent.

just noticed you have only had it for 2 months in this case the head should be covered by warranty. Minimum warranty is 3 months by law so have a word with the dealer.Out of interest where did you get it??
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Turbo technics will reseal a turbo for £300, search this forum for address

Comment

i gotthe car from an importers in north london caled Acton Auto's. i wouldnt take the car back there again, very dodgy operation!!!!!!!
          2nd time unlucky with an import

Comment

Originally posted by D-Piddy
            i gotthe car from an importers in north london caled Acton Auto's. i wouldnt take the car back there again, very dodgy operation!!!!!!!

By selling it now you won't recover what you paid for the Surf, now the work has been done you should have a perfectly good motor. I know you will be feeling p******d off but they are good motors and as said once the work is done Surf away.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Know How You Feel

I,m the same mate , my Surf bought in Feb since then new head ,new turbo ,complete nightmare,Mine was cheap enough to buy£2000 but all that work bumped the price up ,what can you do mine is 16 yrs old and still great to drive , but i spend all my time checking my nearside mirror for the white smoke and temp guage for it creeping up. Selling it has crossed my mind many times and it may come to that ,but i love driving it.
              Will it ever end??? YES!!! (touch wood)
              Good luck
              DA

Comment

Working...
              X