yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad MPG? Also hard starting with no plug in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad MPG? Also hard starting with no plug in.

I have a 1989 Hilux Surf SSR Limited 2LT. I just got it a few weeks ago and noticed that it's being a pig on fuel or atleast i think so. With the 31's i have on it i heard i should get around 20 MPG with it. I'm currently getting about 350-400kms to a tank and i figured that's a lil low. Is this true?

Also it's very hard starting unless it's plugged in. If it's plugged in it starts fine but if not it take about 15seconds or more sttraight of cranking it before it starts and even when it doe sstart it runs horrible for the first minute and puffs a cloud of black. could this possibly be air in my fuel system?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

I get around 400km to 450km on a long steady journey.

My guess on your starting is the starter motor contacts maybe worn and need replacing.

Comment

For your starting problem try changing your glow plugs first and then when you start the glow plugs wait until the big clunk before trying to turn it over.

That's what fixed mine, unlike a lot of newer vehicles the glow plug light going out on the dash is not when the glow plug timer stops.

Cheers,

Ray.
      I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Working...
      X