X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2,4 lt

hey ,
    i m from germany so sorry for my english.....i have got a problem :
    i built a kkk 24 turbo on my 2l engine.it works nearly fine.the only problem is that when i turn my fuel pump fat, it makes real fun,but it blows not used fuel out of the exhaust,so i can t drive it.
    perhaps someone has got experience with this problem and can help me.
    thanks

Originally posted by tarotech
    hey ,
    i m from germany so sorry for my english.....i have got a problem :
    i built a kkk 24 turbo on my 2l engine.it works nearly fine.the only problem is that when i turn my fuel pump fat, it makes real fun,but it blows not used fuel out of the exhaust,so i can t drive it.
    perhaps someone has got experience with this problem and can help me.
    thanks
    How are you turning up the fuel pump. It sounds as if you are overfueling it, i.e. that the engine can't use all the fuel that is being delivered. You may want to turn it down a little until this problem is removed.

How ever much bost you are putting through the turbo, the combustion chamber shape on the 2L engine will be a limit as to how much it can breath.

That is a problem when tuning engines, it's not just a case of doing one thing, you have to look at the whole intake and combustion process while you are at it.

You may also need to get the fuel pump adjusted as the 2L engine doesn't have an ECU to monitor the running requirements and adjust as required.

Porting out the intake tract, reshaping the combustion chambers, cleaning out the intake manifold and improving the exhaust shape are all things that should be considered when modifying an engine.

The standard turbo on the 2LT / 2LTE is a CT20 which is probably a lot smaller than the kkk one. It is relatively easy to just put on a CT20 on the 2L engine (compared to putting a different one on). You may also find that the 2L engine is a higher compression than the Turbo 2LT engine which will also affect things.

Cheers

Comment

if you put a turbo on a 2L engine that had no turbo originally you will have to change the injector pump, or at least the top of it and replace it with one off a turbo engine.a turbo injector pump has a lever on it to adjust the max fuel delivery on the pump in relation to the turbo boost pressure.if you adjust the max fuel on the pump itself you get more diesel injected into the cylinder over the whole range of RPM.

Comment

Working...
      X