4wd light stuck on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd light stuck on

Hi, i have been searching for quite some time and cant seem to find help.

My problem is, i accidentally pressed the 4wd button on the transfer lever, i was stationary at the time. Now, i cant get the light to go off. I have tried moving backwards and forwards, i have driven round the block too. It definately grabs on full lock at slow speeds, but, if i boot it, only the rear wheels spin! I have tried moving from hi to low, but still the ###### light stays on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

its probably the front axle actuator, check the vacuum hoses to the two valves on the inner wing, and where they go to the front diff.

Pull the hoses off and make sure there is a vacuum there with the egine running, and then each valve switches when you press the button.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I will have a look, thanks. Not that i have any idea what i'm looking for! If i start at the diff, i can't go far wrong though, surely.

Comment

I could tell what the problem is, but as you ignore all my posts in your threads you're on yer own pal!

Comment

Bushwacker, i apologise, i haven't deliberately ignored all your posts. It just seems everytime i post a problem, i manage to find another. I am trying to use the search as much as possible, but i am limited at the moment to using my iphone and it is taking time.

Comment

Quick update, i played around with the vacuum hoses today, don't know what I did really, but my light is now off and it no longer grabs on full lock. BUT now my light won't come on at all! I've gone from one extreme to the other. As far as I can tell, if i shift to 4L, its working, but no light, and nothing happens on the electric button thing.

Comment

Working...
            X