Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please

After the head cracked and the rad header tank split leaving me with a bill of about 1800 GBP. When I got the car would the blok who sold it have known that the head was on the way out?

Can't fault either the workmanship of the fitting or the quality of the parts (well done Rough tracks).

Just that I am after some of the money back from this bloke and I wanted opinions before I go for it.

Also it has 12 months MOT does the speedo need to be in MPH to pass the MOT? It is a 1992 so escapes the SVA inspection.

Cheers
    AJP

Originally posted by AJP
    After the head cracked and the rad header tank split leaving me with a bill of about 1800 GBP. When I got the car would the blok who sold it have known that the head was on the way out?

Can't fault either the workmanship of the fitting or the quality of the parts (well done Rough tracks).

Just that I am after some of the money back from this bloke and I wanted opinions before I go for it..................
    Depends on many things, did you buy privately of from a dealer? was any warrenty given or implied? how long ago did you buy it? when did this happen? More info required.

Originally posted by AJP
    .............Also it has 12 months MOT does the speedo need to be in MPH to pass the MOT? It is a 1992 so escapes the SVA inspection..........
    This was covered just recently, short answer is no, its not an MOT requirement.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

A good place for MOT stuff

Click
      Charlie Don't Surf..http://static.photobox.co.uk/public/...10805138.s.jpg

Comment

The rad went the day after I got it, in fact hissing and overheating when I arrived home. The cracked head was found with in a week of getting it. Two days after the rad had been fitted.

The car was purchased privatley

Comment

Sorry mate but it sounds like he knew what he was selling you and wanted rid of the problem himself. Don't think you have much hope of compensation but worth a try in small claims court possibly. He might agree to half cost or something if you mention this.

Comment

My thoughts exactley. He offered to contribute first off then as soon as court was mentioned he gave his solicitors name. will think it over but thanks for the opinions.

Severalheads are better than one

Comment

i think a accident with a gallon of petrol and a lighter is quite an acceptable measure in seeking compensation

Comment

Originally posted by matt steds
                i think a accident with a gallon of petrol and a lighter is quite an acceptable measure in seeking compensation

what did the advert he placed for the Surf say, as far as I remember if it was A1 condition, good as new etc then you have cause to seek compensation or a refund.
                Basically if you advertise something as VGC and it turns out its not then there is room for readdress on the seller (yes this is private), you are basically selling something which is clearly not VGC.
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Working...
                X