Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Freeze

Hi surfers,

The other day my head went as the 2.4 ‘s seem to and I have got all the bits for the rebuild. I know that the correct anti-freeze is very important so what do people recommended, someone told me that Coma do an all singing and dancing anti-freeze.

Hi

My head hasn't gone yet, but have been told best to flush the coolant system. searched this site only found one thread re flushing but nothing as to recommended Anti freeze. I also would like to know what to use and is it worth doing as a preventive measure along with thermostat or am I putting off the inevitable.

ta steve
    Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

You want blue antifreeze with a rust inhibitor in it and mix with de-ionised water.Thats what was rccomended to me when i rebuilt mine and so far so good!!
      If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
      I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Walkingflyguy
        Hi surfers,

The other day my head went as the 2.4 ‘s seem to and I have got all the bits for the rebuild. I know that the correct anti-freeze is very important so what do people recommended, someone told me that Coma do an all singing and dancing anti-freeze.
        I use Bluecol

Comment

You can get pre-mixed from Toyota Dealers (Red). It ain't cheap (£15-18) for a 5 litre mix but it has given me no problems.

Would also be tempted to use system conditioner/rust inhibitor with it
          ------------------------------------
          Look out! Ee

Comment

Thanks

will give it a go

Steve
            Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Working...
            X