fuel starvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel starvation

the truck is creating a vacuum in the fuel feed into the fuel filter when the fuel level drops it gets worse i've checked the filler cap and put a small hole in it, when the vacuum is created and you look at the fuel primer it has been sucked in and is touching the top of the filter housing, if i then release the vacuum by undoing the union it returns to its normal position and normal running resumes until it does it again, now then does the surf pickup pipe in the tank have a filter on the end, i have also read that the tank breather has a one way valve on it if so where is it, when the vacuum is present in the feed line i have removed the filler cap and there is no hiss so the vacuum isn't in the tank it is only either the main feed from the tank or the fuel feed return possibly any other ideas anyone?
    i'm just about to go and blow through the lines back into the tank and see how that prevails i will let you know the outcome
    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

I have to blow an air line down the fuel line from tank to filter as it clogs up with shit in the tank every few months.

There is a filter on the end on the fuel pickup, breather vent is on top of tank, and loose end is normally is poked into a hole in the chassis in front of the tank. It looks like a aftermarker fuel line filter, and you should be able to feel for it on top tank if you can't actually see it.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

This help? Shows you what goes where in the tank....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...ight=fuel+tank

Comment

Nice one chaps much appreciated now all i have to do is get some poor sod to climb under and dismantle the pipework so i can check it
        One more question as i can't get under to check, Does the fuel tank have a drain plug? I'm thinking that if i drain the tank and clean it that should alleviate the problem.
        Last edited by tonupteabag; 20 January 2011, 13:54.
        I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X