Steering part snapped!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
    You been driving around with the cam belt uncovered?!?!?

Jeeze, one small stone, and engine dead!!
    Yea, one thing at a time

Had to do my Supra head gasket 1st so I could take the Surf off the road to do some work to it. Eventually all these jobs will be done, but just cant spare the cash to get everything done at once. Especially when things keep going wrong, like the ###### injection pump

Comment

Well, well! Despite receiving a letter from Toyota GB months ago stating this was to be done, my local dealer didn't want to know.
      Just before Christmas I had another go at Toyota GB and they told me it was going to happen but they were just waiting for Japan to agree they would fund it. Just about given up by now as It all had the familiar stench of being fobbed off.
      However, first day back at work after Christmas and I receive a call from T.G.B. informing me all is well and I should be hearing from my local dealer in the next two to three weeks. Hmmm, believe it when I see it, I thought.

Anyway, cut to the chase, in today's post there came an official recall notice for the "Steering Relay Rod". In a second envelope there was also an official recall notice for a "Rubber Plug"???? Does anyone have any idea what this is all about?
      If it's to do with the cooling system it's gonna break my heart thinking of all that antifreeze I put in gushing down the drain
      Anyway, let's see what the local dealer has to say if anything.

Comment

Well I had a letter from Toyota yesterday. After my enquiry about the relay rod recall about 2 months ago, I received this letter stating that "under the recall campaign, my vehicle requires the rubber water plug and clip".
        I called them up and asked how come my enquiry about a relay rod recall has resulted in this plug and clip. A helpful gent on their desk explained that my Surf does not need the relay rod recall, but this was flagged up when they made the original search. So I will be calling Inchcape Toyota Sandhurst on Monday to arrange a visit. I will also find out what this rubber plug is???

Comment

The very last of the 2nd Gens 3.0's don't have coolant going to intake manifold, the outlet from the block has a rubber plug over it held on with a little spring clip.

Apparently they can leak so they get replaced when spotted.

Originally posted by ninjadave View Post
          Well I had a letter from Toyota yesterday. After my enquiry about the relay rod recall about 2 months ago, I received this letter stating that "under the recall campaign, my vehicle requires the rubber water plug and clip".
          I called them up and asked how come my enquiry about a relay rod recall has resulted in this plug and clip. A helpful gent on their desk explained that my Surf does not need the relay rod recall, but this was flagged up when they made the original search. So I will be calling Inchcape Toyota Sandhurst on Monday to arrange a visit. I will also find out what this rubber plug is???
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks for clearing that one up Tony. Will they need to drain down and replenish the antifreeze? as Ambobeer stated in an earlier post.

Comment

Working...
            X