No announcement yet.

Steering part snapped!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the same boat as wolfracer. I spoke to customer services today and they had no record of my truck having the recall, they took my reg chassis number and frame number. They said they will contact Japan to see if they have any record of it being done. The nice lady on the phone said a reply from Japan can take up to 28 days but if it turns out there is no record of it being done then they will make all the arrangments for it to go to my local main dealer in watford to have the work done so fingers crosses
    Always up to my neck in it

Comment

I did the same thing today so I'll wait and see!
      I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Following reading this I had a look, decided mines in the bad batch and rang my local dealers. They rang Toyota UK who have no records, they are going to speak to Brussells??? (Toyota Europre, I'm guessing) and get back to me.

Wonder if I've time for a quick holiday before they come back?

Comment

Toyota GB now have mine on the waiting list.......
          Will have a look underneath at all the grubby bits but tbh I don't think I could tell if a new one has been fitted , my truck was first registered in the U.K way back in 2003 and not knowing when the recall was first posted it could have done years before it even got crated up for it's trip to blighty,I am fairly sure it was an actual Japanese import as I found some Yen coins under the carpets....
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

I believe the recall started in Japan in 2004 after a family was injured in an accident.

They knew about it for years before - they got alot of slack for this one.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/13/bu...ota.html?fta=y
            Last edited by Ploddit; 23 July 2011, 10:59.

Comment

Mine was imported in 2008 so hopefully it was done in japan
              Always up to my neck in it

Comment

Originally posted by ezza24 View Post
                Mine was imported in 2008 so hopefully it was done in japan
                There's no Guarantees Mate !! (think it may have a little green sticker on the back window if it has been done)
                I had both my Trucks done ...
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Jesus 4/8 already got a reply from Toyota GB in only two weeks....OK to have the work done here in France too.

Wow!

Comment

Got my reply a couple of days ago...
                    Toyota Local are going to contact me when they have the "instructions" to fit the new part....!

Makes you wonder...
                    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I think I'm going to make a call Monday to see if mine needs doing.
                      Wolfracer our nearest Toyota dealer is bromsgrove isn't it
                      PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                        I think I'm going to make a call Monday to see if mine needs doing.
                        Wolfracer our nearest Toyota dealer is bromsgrove isn't it
                        No, think it's Dudley way...
                        http://westlands.toyota.co.uk/cgi-bi...&id=D_homepage

Waiting on my "local" response...
                        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Having read this thread with a little bit of horror regarding the potential for catastrophic failure of the relay rod, I thought I'd get straight onto this. Checked the back window, and there is a green 'G' sticker with '399' on it. Decided to be on the safe side, I'd contact the number posted earlier in the thread. They have asked that I email the details through to customer.relations@tgb.toyota. co.uk and they will check it out for me.

Might be worth using that and saving a phone call.

Comment

Does anyone who's taken action due to this post have anything in the way of results yet?

Toyota told me it should take around 28 days to get a reply and I've heard nothing for...... well, more than 28 days.

Comment

Still waiting on "local" toyota to book me in, don't even know which dealership it is...
                              "they will be in touch...." said Toyota Europe.
                              Well that's alright then. Gives me peace of mind that if I crash in the meantime, Toyota were right on the case in a timely fashion... NOT!
                              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I sent an email asking if there was any progress and got a pretty standard response stating it was being looked into, and they'd be in touch soon. That was 24th Aug...still waiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X