Electrics gone wierd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrics gone wierd

I had to remove and rebuild my engine, which I have done. Now I've put the engine back in I'm having all sorts of problems with the electrics.
    First problems were when I had the engine out, I wanted to lock it up and close the boot so I reconected the battery closed doors and locked everything with my key fob, when i removed the battery the alarm went off, so I made sure no wires were touching anything and left the battery on. About a week later I wanted to get back in but when I pushed the fob nothing happened, so I opened the door manualy and the alarm went off. There is a little thingy to push in to deactivate the alarm so I did that, peace.
    Next thing I noticed was the heater plug light was on when there were no keys in, strange so turned ign on, light went out, ign off light on.
    Decided it was probably all because the engine was out so left well alone. Now the engine is back in, I still have no life in my key fob, the blooming glow light is on unless the ign is on then it's off, the alarm is deactivated but I have to push the imobilised/ alarm deactivater thingy in it's plug to get engine to turn over. Engine turns over well but doesn't give a hint of firing. Think I have made a mess of something, one other thing I tried today was to use a bit of wire from + terminal of the battery to the heater plugs to try and warm them up to start her up it shorted, I didn't think that should be earthed. Hope someone can help before it has to go to a garage and costs me a fortune, is this all down to the alarm?

Iff it wont start i'd take the alarm / immobiliser out of the equasion as this maybe part of your problem
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Sounds like a earth cable left off the engine or poor connection . It is return earthing throgh the glow plug circuit . try a jump lead from battery earth to engine block as see if it works .

My opinion only

Rick
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Check washer assembly to bus bar on glow plugs, I think there are 2 or 3 earth straps to the engine, check these as Rick said.
        Where does the alarm immobilise, fuel pump etc.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Thanks for replies, will check earths only put one on.
          It's a cobra cat 1 alarm, and I've been told that it could be playing havoc with my electrics is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            Iff it wont start i'd take the alarm / immobiliser out of the equasion as this maybe part of your problem
            thats why i posted this
            (\__/)
            (")_(")

Comment

It Works

Just got my Surf going, had put a brown wire to + on the starter motor and it needed to be earthed, I had an electrition coming on wednesday but don't need him now. Thanks to Marky for wiring diagrams would never have got it going without them. Wonder what it's like to drive had it three months and only driven it from the back of a lorry and up the drive with alot of black smoke and knocking, sounds sweet now.

Comment

Youve got a lot of catching up to do now then LOL
                (\__/)
                (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                X