need for speed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need for speed!

ive had my 2.4 SSR-G for a couple of months now, and i love the car but since my last car was a lovely Mitsi FTO V6 24V i am missing the power. i know its stupid to expect my big surf to go like that but i need some more pace.

is there anything i can do to give it a bit more go? it would be nice to fit a V8 lump but thats a bit pricey.

having never tuned a diesel before, is it possible to do at all or am i just gonna have to settle for a 80mph top speed and a 45minute 0-60?

2nd time unlucky with an import

I too occasionally like a bit of pace, that's why I take HER car for a rattle.

Remember these are a 2 ton truck with drums at the rear and the handling of a JCB.

I rekon that bang for your buck there is not a better wagon on the road and I would not be rid of my "Grey ghost" for anything

I agree that a new donk will be more powerfull / quicker but what is the cost / benefit equation like????

Enjoy the Surf
    Simon.O.
    '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

vrooom tsssssh

i,m one of the lucky one,s..... my other car is an rs cosworth 4x4 saphire,
      so when the urge arises, off i go....VROOOM TSSSHHHH.
      sadly, her that knows better says ,"one must go !".......................so... .
      ........the................ cossie is going next week
      just valeted it and it,s like a new pin.
      next w/end, big cloud over my head.... but horses for courses as they say.
      my kids call me BOSS HOGG.in the surf
      cheers
      CARL.....
      2.4 T.D,s should carry a government health warning

Comment

how about fitting nitrous oxide kit... intercooler... up the boost... chip/re-map... filter... freeflow exhaust...

make sure you've got a solid motor befor you go tuning it, and of course they're limited for irregular servicing, and reliability so you're gonna have to make sure you use the best oil/ service parts regularly and the reliability will be reduced.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

If its speed you want....

Buy my bike off me, 0-60 in 2.8 seconds and 180mph. Always guaranteed to cause a very large grin!!!!!
          If it aint broke...........give it some more abuse!!!!!!!!
          I gave it some abuse.................and it broke!!!!!!!

Comment

Had a 2.5 V6 Gsi and the Surf, decided to sell the Gsi so looked at Scooby, evo then was pretty settled on a VX220 see off most other stuff on the road at a fraction of the cost. Then this Runner caught my eye, tough choice so now I have a Surf & Runner and love em.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

give these guys a go but it's not cheap !

http://www.rollingroadtune.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X