Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not accelerating

Hi, need help.
    over the weekend my surf SSR-X 2.4TD started to have problems, when accelerating it would get up to about 20-30 MPH then either slow down or just not get any faster, if I floored the acceleratior then the revs would go up to about 4000 and then the check engine light would come on.
    Looking about on line a few website hav suggested a blockage in the fuel filter and simply replacing the filter will fix the problem.
    Anyone have any opinions on this?

Thanks

Neil

The filter would be my first thought. Are you using any alternative fuels?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Hi had this problem this weekend,

My fuel filter was changed, and got air in the system, which caused me to lose power, make sure your rubber seals are all fine on the fuel filter.

Comment

and a nasty job if you want to make sure - blow the supply line back from the filter into the tank to ensure all clear from the tank forwards (push on a length of soft hose and use that at worst) could also maybe water frozen in the filter ? it goes into mush that slows, but does not stop fuel flow.

If you do blow the fuel back - make sure the line is full again before reconnecting or you will crank for ages - fill filter with fuel also to get it running quick, and warm the engine before swapping the filter so you are not both cold starting and dragging a fuel/ air mix through !
        (blame my granny!)

Comment

Working...
        X