am i being dim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am i being dim?

i cannot get the rear seats in my 92' SSR-G to lay flat! they just flop forward at an annoying angle and it does'nt give me much more space.

am i doing something wrong or is that as good as it gets?
    2nd time unlucky with an import

You need to lift up the bottom part of the seat first, then push the backs down flat.

Comment

There is a strap down back of seat to release the catch.

Neville

Comment

Thanks very much!

its a whole different world under those seats!

Comment

Originally posted by D-Piddy
          Thanks very much!

its a whole different world under those seats!
          Did you find the jack????

Neville

Comment

yeah jack was hiding underneath!

nice and shiny, never been used.

Comment

I found an entire colony of midgets who had created a robust and stable economy based on creating fuel from the cold fusion of blue fluff and old dolly mixtures.

They had created a religion based on the worship of a single lost Jelly baby and had nearly got the flux capaciter to work.

And you realy won't believe what was under the other seat.

Comment

Originally posted by rob88
                I found an entire colony of midgets who had created a robust and stable economy based on creating fuel from the cold fusion of blue fluff and old dolly mixtures.

They had created a religion based on the worship of a single lost Jelly baby and had nearly got the flux capaciter to work.

And you realy won't believe what was under the other seat.
                they must be the ones who collect the bookies pens!... i've never been in a bookies and always seem to find 20 small pens with ladbrokes under the seat!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                  they must be the ones who collect the bookies pens!... i've never been in a bookies and always seem to find 20 small pens with ladbrokes under the seat!
                  My Surf was imported with a half-chewed sweet stuck to the carpet, just behind the drivers seat. I have had a block and tackle on it and nearly ripped the interior out. The dog is so blind/deaf that she doesn't know what I am pointing to. To think that we used to call her Dyson (you could drop a single digestive biccy crumb in the centre of the room and she would find it)
                  Any ideas on how to shift this sweet without resorting to Cemtex?
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                    My Surf was imported with a half-chewed sweet stuck to the carpet, just behind the drivers seat. I have had a block and tackle on it and nearly ripped the interior out. The dog is so blind/deaf that she doesn't know what I am pointing to. To think that we used to call her Dyson (you could drop a single digestive biccy crumb in the centre of the room and she would find it)

give it a blast with Co2 and then hit with a hammer and then hoover the fragments up.
                    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                    My choice
                    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                      If it's a sugary boiled type sweetie try boiling water and a scraper implement. For sticky stuff like chewing gum try freezing the offending part (if it won't go in the freezer I have heard of a spray for this type of thing) and then scraping it.Either way boiling water should loosen it enough to remove.Or you could very carefully use the old razor blade trick and gently shave under the sides until it comes off (also used for removing fag burns!!) Good luck.
                      Anyone know how to get red wine out of beige carpets? (Don't answer cause I know and will be happy to share this knowledge in the new "stain removal " section of this forum!!)

Comment

try one of those small hand held steam cleaning thing you can buy for the home or pop into a main car dealership with its
                        own valleters and wave a tenner at the valleter
                        Cheers Chris
                        GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. I like the idea of freezing and blattering it but it is too close to the seat runner.

And yes I know how to get red wine out of beige carpet. I once horrified the hostess at a dinner party with my demonstration. Good innit!
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                          X