Sorry if asked before but I need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry if asked before but I need help please

My 2.4 1993 surf is running hot the coolant bottle is boiling but my temp gauge in the car says normal ie in the middle of cold/hot.
    The fan is on constantly you can hear it when sitting in traffic.

Please help does that mean the head has gone or is just the rad cap needs replacing or an air lock.

Sorry I'm just a girl getting into the mechanical side of things still very new at all this
    Last edited by darkangel; 4 July 2004, 13:31.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/cassie08100

Originally posted by darkangel
    My 2.4 1993 surf is running hot the coolant bottle is boiling but my temp gauge in the car says normal ie in the middle of cold/hot.
    The fan is on constantly you can hear it when sitting in traffic.

Please help does that mean the head has gone or is just the rad cap needs replacing or an air lock.

Sorry I'm just a girl getting into the mechanical side of things still very new at all this

unless you have had the coolant drained recently and its been fine for a long time then I doubt its an airlock.
    Stat, rad cap a possibility as is the head, when cold take off rad cap and check coolant level, make sure heater/s are to hot setting. I suspect if the temp gauge isn't moving then its low on coolant. Stat and rad cap are cheapest and easiest things to change first, only sure way of telling is to get it pressure tested.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Working...
    X