gear box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear box

Hello again, i posted a while back about my surf fitted with a brand new head but still pressurising. Took head off, actually it slipped off, the whole gasket was soaking and rusty. Head is back on after head skimmed and new gasket, only fitted this week, battery to weak to fire. Re-charged battery again and nearly started, will repeat procedure tomorrow after a re-charge. Hopefully the re-fit will rectify the overheating.
    My gearbox (auto) was replaced due to my original dumping all its fluid. Bought a running roadworthy surf for the engine and gearbox which changed gear perfectly, engine was underpowered, no overheating just loss of power, suspected turbo, turns out to be another cracked head between every valve.
    My problem is after fitting the gear box, wired all up, it constantly jams in park, cant remove the key from ignition till i remove the battery.
    Any help will be most appreciated.....

Have you tried pressing the brake pedal before removing the key?
    Is everything plugged in at the base of the gear shift lever, under the plastic cover?

Comment

everything plugged in, foot on brake but won't come out of park and key stuck until i remove the battery......

Comment

Someone else had a similar problem not long ago but i can't think who it was now
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

it's really annoying Rich, especially after all the major work has been done. All i know is that it's an electrical problem...

Comment

I just can't think at the moment who the hell it was now.I'll keep thinking and if i remember i'll post back.
            Its not the ignition barrel at fault by any chance.
            Tyr moving the gear selector in and out of gear while trying to remove the key

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              Someone else had a similar problem not long ago but i can't think who it was now
              It quiet common on 3rd Gens, wasn't that you where thinking of?

Not had to fix a 2nd Gen for this yet, apart from the shifter not locking in P properly after a body lift but thats easily adjusted.

You can unplug the solonoid on the ignition barrel to get the key out.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                I just can't think at the moment who the hell it was now.I'll keep thinking and if i remember i'll post back.
                Its not the ignition barrel at fault by any chance.
                Tyr moving the gear selector in and out of gear while trying to remove the key
                Tried everything Rich, everything worked perfect till the gearstick was re-fitted. Thanks buddy......

Comment

did you use your original gear selector or the one from the donar truck.
                  May be worth while just checking the plugs under the consol/gear selector to make sure they are plugged in properly

Comment

if everything else fails Tony, will have to do it that way..
                    The gear lever is from my original but also tried the other one from the donor but still the same problem. There are 2 connectors which fit either plugs but swapped them both ways but still stuck in park......

Comment

Hi again, tried everything to out of park and key out of ignition but no good. My mechanic friend fitted the ones underneath the Surf, is there only one choice where they will fit?....

Comment

Working...
                      X