Battery Spec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Spec

Does anybody know what the batery spec for a 92, 2.4 TD surf is ?
    One of my batteries is dead, but they're the original japanese items so I can't tell what ampage a replacement should be. Toyota dealers, and Toyota UK simply aren't interested, and battery suppliers list only the Hilux pickup, which is a single battery system. Am I correct in assuming that the two batteries are conected in parrallell, so the voltage remains at 12, but the ampage is the total of the two batteries ? Also I assume that the two batteries are linked, to provide power to the whole electrical system, and not that one battery starts the engine, while the other runs all the electric gismos ?
    Any help gratefully received, never thought something so basic could be so complicated. Don't want to put too large a battery on in case it overloads the whole system.

Originally posted by Matt P
    Does anybody know what the batery spec for a 92, 2.4 TD surf is ?
    One of my batteries is dead, but they're the original japanese items so I can't tell what ampage a replacement should be. Toyota dealers, and Toyota UK simply aren't interested, and battery suppliers list only the Hilux pickup, which is a single battery system. Am I correct in assuming that the two batteries are conected in parrallell, so the voltage remains at 12, but the ampage is the total of the two batteries ? Also I assume that the two batteries are linked, to provide power to the whole electrical system, and not that one battery starts the engine, while the other runs all the electric gismos ?
    Any help gratefully received, never thought something so basic could be so complicated. Don't want to put too large a battery on in case it overloads the whole system.
    Try a search of the forums, the question of dual batterys, how they are connected, what rating they are etc has been covered very, very often. All the answers your require are there to be found.....
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Yep, the batteries are in parallel. Some Hiluxes have dual batteries and they should be in the catalogue. I'm not sure of the size but my local battery supplier fixed me up with Ducellier batteries part nos D088 and D089 (1 of each) - cost £100 for the pair. Oh and you can't overload the system by fitting too big a battery - fit the biggest that will go in the hole.
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

my 91 2.4td has only the one battery and seems to work fine, whether this was a mod done after import, as it was in the country 2yr bfore i bought it, i don,t know, but if you want the spec. make etc. just post and i,ll let you know.

ship

Comment

i changed my battery the spec are 85DO26L & 85DO26R AC Delco

cheers

Comment

Working...
          X