Check your clips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check your clips!

Radiator hose clamp failed and dumped the coolant all over the place!!! Bugger!!! I have no idea how hot things got because I there was not much coolant left to get an accurate reading on the gauges. My external temp gauge showed nearly 120 and the Toyota gauge showed just over halfway! The thermostat had only just opened when it happened.

Bought some more coolant and hose clip, topped up and all appears to be well but if I am honest I now have that nagging feeling that I have arsed the truck up. A ###### clip!!!

Maybe I have been lucky

Originally posted by Mrbill View Post
    Radiator hose clamp failed and dumped the coolant all over the place!!! Bugger!!! I have no idea how hot things got because I there was not much coolant left to get an accurate reading on the gauges. My external temp gauge showed nearly 120 and the Toyota gauge showed just over halfway! The thermostat had only just opened when it happened.

Bought some more coolant and hose clip, topped up and all appears to be well but if I am honest I now have that nagging feeling that I have arsed the truck up. A ###### clip!!!

Maybe I have been lucky
    Should be OK, but keep an eye on the coolant level over the next couple of days to make sure there's no air in there. Think about replacing the top and bottom rad hoses too.

Comment

sorry to change the subject but Mr Bill can you check your off road weekend Thread. We need to confirm the date for everyone

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        Should be OK, but keep an eye on the coolant level over the next couple of days to make sure there's no air in there. Think about replacing the top and bottom rad hoses too.
        Thanks for the positive vibes Bushwhacker! I'll get them hoses replaced.

Done 60 miles this evening without a worry. Can't belive how lucky I've been What a good old girl she is...

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
          sorry to change the subject but Mr Bill can you check your off road weekend Thread. We need to confirm the date for everyone
          Sorry Growler, I'm a dizzy forgetful arse at the best of times All replied 2...

Comment

Working...
          X