yet more starting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet more starting problems

I know this has been covered before but help if you can please, When i start my surf it takes a while to fire up, when it does loads of white smoke (diesel) smell, runs lumpy for a short while still smoking and then runs fine and starts no problem when it's warmed up. I have checked the diagnostics and it shows fault 5 correction resistance (pump), what is this fault and is it connected. I have checked the 80 amp fuse and its ok, had new plugs fitted a year ago, had them checked and they appear to be working fine.

I'm afraid I don't know much about the diagnostic fault but if the plugs are working and it starts warm, it should start from cold. The only other thing that comes to mind is that the pump timing may change as the coolant temp rises and the pump 'correction resistance' fault may be affecting this.

Do you know how the plugs were checked? The resistance of each plug needs to be checked individually (disconnected from main busbar). Have you checked the fuse with a meter or just visually? Are you getting the correct voltage at the Busbar?

Sorry I can't be more helpfull but I'm sure that someone on the forum with a bit more knowledge on the subject will be able to help or advise.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steve, the fuse i checked myself with a meter, the plugs were checked by a mechanic who's top notch but i wasn't there at the time.

Comment

Working...
      X