parts list for head gasket repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i removed the head and dropped the diff, yes as easy as pie,lol

the pan is removed, so tomorrow i will push the pistons out and refit the new rings, most likey going to take the morning to do all four as i am going to make sure i have the proper gap in all 12 rings, i have marked the conrods and caps to make sure the pistons stay in the same orientations,still have to hand ream the tops of the cylinders, all in all not to bad took me 11 hrs to reach this point, hoping to have it back together tomorrow night ready for fuild the following morning, will update when finished.

Comment

today i finished the rings on the pistons bolted up the sump dff and front end, i had a chance to install the head, all the timing marks are lined up and ready for the timing belt, almost done! i had taken my metal fuel lines off the injectors to the rear of the pump, cant remember the order of the lines from cylinder to fuel pump,4 fittings on the end of the pump. does any body know the correct order? or a pic, thanx

Comment

3--1
        4--2

As viewed from rear of pump.

Nev

Comment

wrapped up the installation today, started up with no lumpy start,burning a little oil first hour just idling, took it for a 2 good drives 2 seat the rings a bit, not burning to much oil now should clear up with in a couple hundred kms, so all in all it was roughly around 30 hours in 2.5 days, thanx to NEV

Comment

Took the hilux for a good run, drives great lots more umph compression is 460 across the board,still burning oil tho,any ideas? Burns at idle not during acceleration,cold start is a lot better. Was thinking valve stem seals but head was replaced 30 k ago

Comment

does anybody know if the valve stem seals arethe same as the 22r engine heard they were? was thinking using the viton seals are these compatible on a diesel engine.

Comment

Same seals for all these apparently.

90913-02110

SEAL, VALVE STEM OIL, 2L#, 3L, 2RZE, 1-2C, 22R, 3VZE, 1KZT

Nev

Comment

any info or write up on cam removal and torque specs? im sure it would go well but would like to have something to go by, thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X