4WD problem???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WD problem???

Hi Guys after my car sitting for 3 months and me fitting a new head my 4wd will not engage when i press the button on the stick no relay clicking or anything?

I think the vac is ok i have a hose coming from the alt and going to a T then to the vac pods one way and accross to the other side of the engine the other way?

Thanks Alasdair
    91 Hilux Surf
    91 200sx s13
    94 200sx s13
    89 Vfr400 NC30

I assume you'd tried it driving along? It needs things moving to work.

Is your front prop locking with the front wheels jacked up? try and work out if its the t/case or the ADD not working.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Yeah been driving for a couple of days now, How do i check for the front prop locking ?
      91 Hilux Surf
      91 200sx s13
      94 200sx s13
      89 Vfr400 NC30

Comment

if you jack the front end up, in 2wd the front prop and wheels will spin freely and independatly. When the t/case has selected you won't be able to turn the front prop, when the ADD switches if you spin one wheel the other will turn as well.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Ah right i beleve the 4wd will engage manualy, i was mucking about on some loose gravel and the truck would slide easly on 2wd but not with the 4wd lever in the forward position should i still jack it up and check it?
          91 Hilux Surf
          91 200sx s13
          94 200sx s13
          89 Vfr400 NC30

Comment

Just tryed on some wet grass i have no 4wd at all still haven got round to jacking it up yet tho
            91 Hilux Surf
            91 200sx s13
            94 200sx s13
            89 Vfr400 NC30

Comment

My 4wd didn't work (no light or anything) and it turned out to be a solonoid just above and behind the front cross member (drivers side) the multiplug had snapped, I pushed it on and it worked, I went off roading recently and the mud built up on the crossmember ad pushed it off again, might be worth a look?
              “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Originally posted by puddlesurfer View Post
                My 4wd didn't work (no light or anything) and it turned out to be a solonoid just above and behind the front cross member (drivers side) the multiplug had snapped, I pushed it on and it worked, I went off roading recently and the mud built up on the crossmember ad pushed it off again, might be worth a look?
                Good call you dont have a pic of wot im looking for do you?
                91 Hilux Surf
                91 200sx s13
                94 200sx s13
                89 Vfr400 NC30

Comment

I dont have a pic but if you get under the car from the drivers side and look up, find the front crossmember (about where the pedals in the car are) and look above at the transfer box or whatever it is, It's a large nut (about 24mm, don't quote me) with a multiplug going on to it (only 2 wires) the plastic plug part broke on mine but it left the 2 contacts there so I just pushed the plug back on to them (awaiting new one from Stormy) I'll try and take a picture tomorrow, I can't do it today 'cos I'm off to a wedding soon and am suited and booted
                  “Do or do not... there is no try.”

Comment

Cool ill go look for it
                    91 Hilux Surf
                    91 200sx s13
                    94 200sx s13
                    89 Vfr400 NC30

Comment

Working...
                    X