oil light fault.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil light fault.

hi, i have just done an engine change for a friend of mine who has a k reg hilux pickup. 2.4 NA engine. the new engine i put in is also 2.4 NA but i think it might be an earlier phase? anyway the old engine has some sort of sensor bolted onto the the side of the sump. and the new engine doesnt. the engine starts and runs fine. but the oil light comes on after about a minute of running. is this because of the sump sensor not existing? and what is the sensor for? pressure, level, temp?

thanks

Can you not just swap sumps over?

The light is most likely a oil pressure warning, if it's not sensing any oil then the light will obviously illuminate.

Comment

ok

yeah that is certainly a possibility, just curious as to weather it was nessassary sensor.

Comment

Its an oil level sensor. Recently I've teared off the wire on the sensor while driving through the woods. Easy fix to avoid the warning light is shortcutting the wires on the cable plug. And as temporary solutions are, I'm driving around now since two months with a snapped cable...

Comment

Working...
        X